Ladies and Gentlemen,
Please be informed that six employees of the National Museum in Krakow have tested positive for coronavirus*. All those infected belong to the staff of the Technical Department who have had no contacts with visitors. They all feel good.
The infected individuals and other staff who have been in direct contact with them have been quarantined, excluded from work or they work remotely and do not stay at the Museum buildings. Other people who might have been potentially infected are being gradually tested in order to exclude the suspicion of virus infection.
The National Museum in Krakow is in regular contact with the Province Unit of the State Sanitary Inspection and complies with its guidelines. In order to ensure safety and eliminate risks, the Main Building of the Museum, where the Technical Department is housed, is closed to visitors until revoked.
Prof. dr hab. Andrzej Szczerski
Director of the National Museum in Krakow
* Please find below information on current changes in the number of diagnosed cases:
- 09/06/2020: 6 positives
- 10/06/2020: 7 positives in total
- 11/06/2020: 8 positives in total
- 12/06/2020: 9 positives in total
- 12/06/2020 at 5:00 p.m.: 11 positives in total
- 14/06/2020: 14 positives in total
- 22/06/2020: 16 positives in total
- 23/06/2020: 15 positives in total (1 false positive)