Save a tree. Do not print this unless it is really necessary
The history of the Princes Czartoryski Museum in Kraków began in the City Arsenal in 1874, initiated by Prince Władysław Czartoryski. At that time the building, together with the towers Stolarska and Ciesielska, were handed over for museum purposes, which have been pursued to this day.
In 2014-2016, thanks to grants from the National Fund for the Rehabilitation of Kraków's Monuments, and the Municipality of the City of Kraków, a conservation refurbishment of the exterior facades of the arsenal building and the towers was carried out. A comprehensive reconstruction was carried out by the National Museum in Kraków beginning in 2017. As part of the work, among other things, the historical roof covering was reconstructed, renovation of the interior was carried out, and the rooms were readied to function again as a museum. The project was co-financed by the Ministry of Culture, National Heritage and Sport, and co-financed by the National Fund for the Renovation of Kraków Monuments.
The re-opened City Arsenal feature the permanent exhibition "The Origins. Gallery of Ancient Art".