Obiekt dostępny dla niepełnosprawnych ruchowo
Dostępny dla niepełnosprawnych wzrokowo
Dostępny dla niepełnosprawnych słuchowo
facebook facebook flickr flickr
instagram instagram pinterest pinterest search search
youtube youtube wheelchair List grid heart
The painting was purchased ca. 1800 in Italy, by Adam Jerzy, the son of Princess Izabela Czartoryska, and donated to the Museum in Puławy where it was exhibited in the ‘Gothic House’ from 1809–1830.
The exhibition presents a selection of the most valuable works of art and historical items from the collection of the Czartoryski family. The collection’s history can be traced back to 1801, when Princess Izabela Czartoryska established the ﬁrst Polish museum in Puławy. After the November Uprising (1830–1831), the collection was moved across the border to Paris.
The exhibition The Power of the Avant-Garde features works which have not been shown to the Polish public before, works by great artists, regarded already as classics in art history, such as Fernand Léger, Edvard Munch, Kazimir Malevich, Piet Mondrian and Alexander Archipenko. Works produced in the first decades of the 20th century are accompanied by the contemporary ones, dialoguing with historical objects.
The displayed treasures, consisting of silver ornaments for women, constitute some of the best and most intriguing examples of medieval jewellery found on the Polish territory, in the area of of former Cherven Cities.
The National Museum in Krakow has prepared its second art presentation in the Presidential Palace. It is centred around indigenous traditions and customs, which are reflected in Polish painting of the 19th and 20th century. The exhibition consists of 39 paintings depicting Polish religious and secular traditions associated both with folk customs and the ethos of the gentry.
A display of Jan Matejko's 1855 painting titled 'Veit Stoss as a Child', which will be exhibited to the public for the first time since the end of Jan Matejko's jubilee exhibition in 1938.
The exhibition, organised by the Chancellery of the President of the Republic of Poland in conjunction with the National Museum in Krakow, will be held in the foyer leading to the Chapel in the Presidential Palace. In keeping with the religious character of its location, the exhibition will focus on the sacral art of the Formists, an artistic group established in Krakow in 1917 by Tytus Czyżewski and the brothers Andrzej and Zbigniew Pronaszko.
The Jan Matejko House invites its visitors to see a display of portraits of Prof. Karol Gilewski and Szymon Darowski – 'If You Know Hi m Thta's Him' – combined with a presentation of Jan Matejko's drawings.
On 18 March 1916 the first great Polish exhibition of legionary art, organized by Jerzy Mycielski, was opened in the rooms of the Krakow Society of Friends of Fine Arts. More than 500 works by artists serving in the Polish Legions and those supporting the Legions’ Cause with their art were shown. Originally scheduled to last a month, the exhibition was such a great success that it was extended until the middle of May 1916.
Evolution (Latin evolutio – unfolding, unrolling) refers to a slow, irreversible and directional process of development leading to greater diversity, complexity and perfection. This phenomenon can be observed not only in the world of live creatures. Collections (Latin colligere – gather into a whole), in particular museum collections, undergo a similar process. It is because unlike private collection they are characterised by the irreversibility and unidirectionality of the movement of objects making them up.
On 1 February 2013, the first anniversary of the death of Wisława Szymborska, the exhibition
Szymborska’s Drawer opened at Szołayski House, a Department of the National Museum in Krakow (pl. Szczepanski 9).