– meaning the National Museum in Krakow, al. 3 Maja 1, 30-062 Kraków, NIP: 675-000-44-42, REGON: 000275961, which provides electronic services, as well as stores and obtains access to information on the User’s devices.
– meaning IT data, in particular small text files, saved and stored on the devices which allow the User to use the website.
3. Administrator's Cookies
– meaning Cookies placed by the Administrator, related to providing electronic services by the Administrator through the Service.
4. External Cookies
– meaning Cookies placed by the Administrator’s partners through the Service.
– oznacza stronę internetową lub aplikację, pod którą Administrator prowadzi serwis internetowy, działającą (y) w domenie(ach) mnk.pl i muzeum.krakow.pl. / meaning a website or an application under which the Administrator operates the Internet service through the domains mnk.pl and muzeum.krakow.pl.
– meaning an electronic device used by the User to gain access to the Service.
– meaning an entity to which electronic services can be provided, in accordance with the Regulations and provisions of law, or with which an Agreement to provide electronic services can be concluded.II. Kinds of Cookies used
1. The Cookies used by the Administrator are safe for the User’s Device. In particular, they do not enable any viruses or other unwanted software or malware to gain access to User’s Devices. These files allow to identify the software used by the User and to customize the service accordingly to each User. Normally, Cookies contain the name of the domain they originate from, the duration of storage on the Device and the assigned value.
2. The Administrator uses two types of cookies files:
- Session Cookies: they are stored on the User’s Device and remain there until the end of the browser session. The recorded information is then permanently deleted from the memory of the device. The mechanism of session cookies does not allow them to collect any personal data or any confidential information from the User’s Device.
- Permanent Cookies: they are stored on the User’s Device and remain there until deleted. End of session in a given browser or switching off the device does not delete them from the User’s Device. The mechanism of permanent cookies does not allow them for a download of any personal data or any confidential information from the User’s Device.
3. The User may limit or switch off access of Cookies to their Devices. Should this option be used, it will still be possible to use the Service, apart from the functionalities which require Cookies. III. Purposes for which Cookies are used
1. The Administrator uses Own Cookies for the following purposes:
a. Service configuration
- adapting Service content to User preferences and optimizing the use of the Service.
- recognizing the device and location of the Service User and a proper display of the website, tailored to User’s individual needs;
- remembering the settings chosen by Users and personalizing User's interface, e.g. the selected language or region where the User comes from
- font size, website layout, etc.
b. User's authentication in the service and ensuring user’s session in the service
- maintaining the Service User’s sessions (after log in), to make sure that the User does not need to retype his login and password at every page of the Service;
- a correct configuration of the selected functions of the Service, in particular allowing for verification of the authenticity of the browser session;
- optimizing and increasing the efficiency of services provided by the Administrator.
c. Realization of processes which are crucial for the full functionality of the websites
- adapting Service content to User preferences and optimizing the use of the Service. In particular, the files allow to identify the basic parameters of the User’s Device and view the website correctly, according to User’s individual needs;
- correct service of the partnership programme, enabling in particular the verification of the sources redirecting Users to the Service websites.
d. Saving User location
- correct configuration of the selected Service functionalities, enabling in particular customizing the information delivered to User, taking into account the User’s location.
e. Analyses, studies and viewing statistics
- creation of anonymous statistics which will help us understand how Service Users use the Service websites, in order to improve their structure and content;
f. Ensuring Service security and reliability
2. The Administrator uses External Cookies for the following purposes:
a. presenting multimedia contents on the Service websites, which are downloaded from an external Internet service:
- www.youtube.com [administrator cookies: Google Inc with headquarters in the US]
b. collecting general and anonymous statistical data through analytical tools:
- Google Analytics [administrator cookies: Google Inc with headquarters in the US]
c. using interactive functionalities to promote the service through social networking services:
- Facebook.com [administrator cookies: Facebook Inc with headquarters in the US or Facebook Ireland with headquarters in Ireland]
IV. Possibilities of defining the conditions for storage of Cookies or gaining access by Cookies
1. The User can independently and at any time change Cookies settings, specifying the conditions of their storage and access to the User’s Device by Cookies. The aforementioned change of settings can be carried out by User via web browser settings or though service configuration. These settings can be changed in particular in such a way, so as to block the automatic handling of cookies in the settings of the web browser or to inform about each placement of Cookies on the User’s Device. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways of handling cookies are available in the software (web browser) settings.
2. The User can delete Cookies at any time using the functions available in the used Browser.